300/ft² (27.87/m²) per Gallon @ 3.00 mils (0.0762 mm)
Durex® PAINT CRACKLE GLAZE is a flat transparent acrylic-based crackle glaze basecoat. A crackle effect will appear when any latex or oil-based paint is applied over Durex® CPAINT CRACKLE GLAZE. PAINT CRACKLE GLAZE is a single-component, water-based and high solid Acrylic Copolymer product.
- Water based, safe and easy to handle
- Very low odour and VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Exterior durability
- Good workability properties
- Adheres to a variety of substrates
- Compatible with aqueous and universal colourants
Aged oil-based paints dry out when exposed to direct sunlight. The appearance over time is an old aged crackle. Decorative artists can now achieve this effect by applying any desired paint over top of a dried coat of Durex® PAINT CRACKLE GLAZE.
|Drying Time @ 75°F (23°C), 55% RH|
½-1 hour for crackles application
< 50 grams/litre (0.40 lb/gal)
40 +/-5% (vol.)
|Viscosity (Brookfield) 23°C (75°F)|
Flat, <2% @ 60°
|Alkali Resistance CGSB 1-GP-162M|