Acrybond "S" is a water based 100% acrylic polymer cement additive. Acrybond "S" has been specially formulated to provide maximum adhesion and ideal application properties when used as the catalyst in the mix with Uniplast. It is the typical mix for the Durex® family of Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS).
- Superior bonding to foam plastic insulation when mixed with Uniplast.
- Longer open time of mixes.
- Develops ideal consistency of mixes for better initial tack to keep insulation boards in place when used as an insulation adhesive.
- Simplified job site mixing as no water or other additives required.
- Consistent job site quality control.
- Low moisture absorption rate of the mixes.
- Higher compressive and flexural strength of the cementitious mixtures.
- Reduced shrinkage and cracking of the mixes.
Acrybond "S" is used as an insulation adhesive and as scratch and non-combustible base coats on all Durex® EIFS systems when mixed with Uniplast.
Water based acrylic emulsion
White milky liquid
9.0 to 9.5
43.10 MPa (6250 psi)
6.91 MPa (1002 psi)
|Shear Bond Adhesion|
11.20 MPa (1625 psi)
1.90% in water
6.00 MPa (870 psi)