One coat: 7m2/L (280ft2/gal)
Two coats: 3.5 m2/L (160 ft2/gal)
Dur-X-Cel Acrylic Latex Primer is a flat 100% acrylic-based primer.
- Exceptional exterior durability.
- Excellent water repellency – protects wall from moisture penetration.
- Breathable coating – allows water vapour within the wall system to evaporate.
- Excellent adhesion to substrate.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Colourfast – no colour change under UV rays.
Dur-X-Cel Acrylic Latex Primer is used as a premium quality primer for exterior masonry and concrete surfaces. It can be pigmented to match almost any colour. This product is used as a primer for all Durex® Architectural Finish Coatings.
Water-based acrylic coating
Dense paint-like consistency
100 - 150 cps - ASTM D2196
9.0 - 9.5
Coverage will vary according to the porosity of the substrate, colour of original substrate and colour of the Durex® Dur-X-Cel Primer to be applied. A test sample should be applied to establish practical coverage on the actual substrate.
|Fineness of Grind|
3 Hegman, 58 Microns
|Water Vapour Permeance|
1460 ng/Pa.s.m2 (25.5 Perms)
40 CFR 59.406
< 50 g/lt (<0.42 lbs/gal)
Pass 50 cycles
58% +/- 2%