1.8 m²/L (72 ft²/gal) @ 22 mils, 2.3 m²/L (95 ft²/gal) @ 17 mils
Epotel Moisture Block is a two-component, 100% solids Epoxy, Class 1 Vapour Diffusion Retarder formulated to block hydrostatic pressure by suppressing moisture vapour from transmitting through concrete substrates. Epotel Moisture Block 100 prevents the penetration of moisture from within or beneath the concrete slab to penetrate through the surface. It is designed to protect subsequent impermeable floor coverings/coatings from delaminating. It can be applied on freshly poured concrete slabs after 7 days.
- Class 1 Vapour Diffusion Retarder.
- Very low permeance; less than 01. perms.
- Suppresses moisture from penetrating through the slab.
- Can be used over Green Concrete: 7 days after initial pour.
- Speeds up construction time.
- Virtually odourless and solvent free.
- Excellent adhesion to damp concrete (520 psi).
- Unaffected by high pH levels (up to 14).
- May be installed on floors with very high relative humidity.
Epotel Moisture Block is used as a first-coat penetrating primer over freshly poured or existing concrete slabs to control moisture by preventing hydrostatic pressure from penetrating through the coating. It is used as a moisture-blocking coating under a variety of impermeable floor coverings to prevent blistering and delamination. It is to be used over impermeable flooring systems such as traffic-bearing waterproofing coatings, 100% solids epoxy coatings, vinyl tiles and sheeting, rubber-backed carpet and wood floors.
|Cure Time @ 23°C (75°F)|
|Pot Life - working time @ 23°C (75°F)|
|Viscosity (Brookfield) 23°C (75°F)|
800 cps (clear)
14,200 psi (98 MPa)
10,000 psi (69 MPa)
520 PSI (3.6 MPa)
16,000 psi (111 MPa)